Monday, February 26, 2007

Organized closet?

I was reading Mel's blog and she shows pictures of her perfectly organized closet - how I wish Owen's looked anything like that. We started out with drawers all packed according to size and weight - shirts vs. pants, pjs. versus day time clothes. Then we reorganized and all the clothes went on the bottom shelf of the changing table, since that is where we are most likely to change his outfit. One pile for socks (which I finally used a diaper wipes box to contain), one pile for pants, two piles for shirts (long vs. short) and a pile for full suited outfits (pjs with feet, overalls, etc.) - at least that was how it started. Now, I think there is a side that is more likely to have pants and a side that is more likely to have shirts, but it's a free for all. Owen doesn't seem to mind. He often walks over and takes everything off the shelf and onto the floor. At least, he seems to like it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa:

You have to remember one thing about Mel's organized closet....Reese isn't here yet. We too had a semi organized system before kids and it's now a free for all.

Anonymous said...

Oh...the itty bitty socks that can be kept in a diaper wipes box!!!

I remember when my daughter had feet that teeny.

Now she can wear my socks. And sometimes my shoes.