- No matter how comfortable your bed is (and ours is pretty comfortable), it is not comfortable 20 hours a day.
- Owen is pretty adaptable. He knows that if he wants to play or read with Mom, he better bring his toys. I won't be chasing/following him around the house.
- It is very difficult to lay on your left or right side and drink without spilling.
- There are only so many days in a row you can read 2 books a day before you slow down (in my case, it was about 6).
- Daytime TV can reveal how much TV you actually watch. I always thought I didn't watch that much TV. But the number of series in reruns during the day has revealed how much I watch - it's almost hard to find an episode I haven't already seen.
- For the first time, I am getting sucked into "reality" TV - Top Chef, Top Design, I'm scared that Project Runway is next.
- My parents are wonderful - they bring food, clean, and allowed me to outsource my Owen Fall/Winter shopping to them. Now he's ready for colder weather and has shoes that fit!
- Higgy is amazing - ok, I knew this already, but he really is. He cooks, shops, cleans and takes care of Owen - with minimal help from me. All while making it feel like he wants to do it and that I am not a huge burden. (He says he's merely spectacular.)
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Things I have learned in two and a half weeks of bed rest...
Posted by Lisa (aka TCMH) at 9:16 AM