Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Sad news


I don't know if any of my readers ever go to the links from my blog, or if you recall seeing comments from a reader Melodie. She's a good friend of Lisa's, and we went to their wedding in 2004 - just a couple of months prior to our own.


Her blog is Holden Tracks - and until recently, she'd been using it to communicate news of her pregnancy to the world. Her and her husband Greg are expecting their first child in six weeks or so.


Are. Or were. Greg passed away on January 20th, 2007. We're stunned and shocked by this news. As my boss is fond of saying - if you pray or believe in the power of prayer - please include Melodie and (soon-to-be) Reece in your thoughts.

10 comments:

Kristin said...

There are no words. I'm sorry. Melodie and Reece are certainly in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

No, there aren't any words. This is so tragic. Melodie, Reece and everyone who loved Greg are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Higgy, that is so awful.

Can you tell us what happened? How old was he.

So sorry for Lisa's friend.

Lisa (aka TCMH) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa (aka TCMH) said...

No one knows what happened, but they think it was his heart. It was a sudden thing. They are planning an autopsy.

Greg was in his mid-30s.

Anonymous said...

What Peri said. :(

DonnaJo said...

Oh, Higgy and Lisa. I'm so sorry.

Leetie said...

So so sad.
Sending warmest wishes to Melodie

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Higgy and Lisa. That is awful. You guys are all in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying too. My condolences!