Higgy and I have been working on what to post about the differences between bringing Owen home and Lily's arrival. That's difference number one - the first time Higgy would just send up a post and I would read it hours or days later. On Higgy's list are the following items:
1. When Lily's umbilical cord stump fell off, he didn't immediately move to preserve it in a scrapbook (no, he didn't actually save Owen's, but I did have to talk him out of it...)
2. He's taken fewer pictures (gee, didn't everyone see this coming???) Of course, I think it is just because he has his hands full watching Owen, he can't hold a camera at the same time. I also think he has done a better job of getting good shots not just a large number of them.
3. It's not really that Lily is different than Owen, it's that we are different and more relaxed as parents.
On my list:
1. Lily has her eyes open and is awake so much more than Owen was - I guess that's the difference between being born at 35 weeks and 38 weeks.
2. Lily actually breastfeeds - Owen wanted a bottle and it was a battle to get him on the breast.
3. I don't sleep when Lily sleeps - I actually get things done. This goes back to the fact that I wasn't as sick this time. Last time it was weeks before I wanted to leave the house, this time is was only a day or two.
4. Lily sleeps for hours at at time - 3 or 4 even, not just 2 hours. When Owen came home, he started of with eating every 4 hours but quickly moved to 2 - 3 hours. I am actually able to get enough sleep at night that #3 above is possible.
And now we at least have a post about this after talking about it for weeks.... I'm sure there will be more in the days or weeks or months ahead.