1. "Water breaking" is exactly that. A darn good sign it's time to go to the hospital.
2. My new hero is Lisa's Mom. She made us 2 huge pots of food (stew and chili) this week - some of which got frozen, some of which got eaten and some of which is yet to be eaten. She came and stayed with Owen on Wednesday night - took care of him all day Thursday, and stayed over again Thursday night in case anything went wrong and I had to go back to the hospital. She made this whole thing utterly easy for us and we're unbelievably thankful for her and all her efforts. MOM ROCKS!
3. They never mention about cleaning up the broken water. Someone should call this out.
4. Shared recovery rooms in a hospital SUCK! That's one of the reasons we're so happy to be home.
5. Although, they are good for some humor. Overheard today from the other side of the thin curtain acting as a room divider:
Nurse to First-time-mother-Polish-native-who-is-desperately-following-along-in-English (FTMPNWIDFAIE for short): "So, you've heard of Shaken Baby Syndrome?"
FTMPNWIDFAIE to Nurse: (eagerly, since it was a short sentence and she could understand it) "YES! Yes, I Have!"
Nurse to FTMPNWIDFAIE: "Yeah, you don't want to do that."
The muffled snorking sounds of Lisa and I trying hard not to wet ourselves laughing on the other side of the curtain were clearly audible 3 rooms down the hall.
6. Because it's been a while since I've discussed my genitalia, time to correct that - I'll be off to the vet's shortly. We're not going through this again. CORRECTION: I'M not putting Lisa through this again. Her pregnancy was 8.5 months of sheer pain and the labor (as short as it was) was hell.
7. Speaking of short labors - if that had been any quicker, I'd have needed a catcher's mitt. Yes, I know I already said that, but it deserved being said again. I'll post another entry about the actual birth. People with second babies beware - it's like a slip-n-slide!
8. The cat is freaked out - AGAIN.
9. Only took 99 pictures yesterday, and so far today only 37. Definitely not Owen-scale. Poor second kids - get virtually ignored.
10. It's distinctly odd being home so soon after the birth. Last time, we had a week to wait before we could bring the little guy back - and now here we are. Well, I'm off to get Owen from school - should be interesting to see how his first HOME meeting with the sister goes!