Monday, January 02, 2006

It's Owen's Due Date tomorrow...

And we're still learning plenty about both him and ourselves.
1. I'd like to think we're getting better at this sleep deprivation thing - we'll see how it plays out when I go back to work tomorrow.
2. My son hates having a clean diaper. Give him a pants-full, and he's laughing - change him and he'll scream bloody murder.
3. The book "Happiest Baby on the Block" is a must-read for any new-born parent. It is like installing an "off" switch on a baby's screaming!
4. The cat is finally starting to warm back up to me. Still avoids Lisa and Owen like the plague, but I'm apparantly back in her good graces.
5. Is it odd that I do the majority of my grocery shopping at Sam's Club?
6. I can believe that it is 2006 already, but I can't believe we've had Owen home for 3 weeks.
7. My dad is coming to visit in January - he'll be the second member of my side to meet Owen. I'm wondering who'll be the last (between my brother and sister.)
8. It helps to watch the DVD of the "Happiest Baby" - our neighbors (Don and Liz) lent it to us - we realized that we were swaddling too loosely!
9. The cat has put on weight - since she wasn't playing with us as much. Time to put fatso on a diet! Well, I suppose I'll just play with her more.
10. I'm up to 386 pictures of Owen. His folder takes up 486MB on my PC! YIKES!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Regarding your point #2 (coincidentally appropriately numbered?), my kids were like Owen. That is, they hated diaper changes and seemed happiest when they desperately needed one. Also, by the time my little Ethan was 6 months old it literally took two of us to diaper him: One to diaper, one to hold him down!

As you might guess, to his delight, I changed him only when absolutely necessary. Good times.

Neo's right, the first child gets all the pictures. It's because both of your hands are so busy with two little ones that there's no hand for a camera.

The too few pictures I have of our second mostly show him asleep. But they are so cute, another thing Ethan had in common with Owen.

Anonymous said...

#7. Probably Paul