Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I went to the dentist today...

And I'm all numbed up. I hate feeling like this - in case I bite my tongue or cheek, I don't know if I'd know it. Anyway, some more lessons that we've learned in the last couple of days:
1. If Owen doesn't poop for 3 or more hours, he's liable to have an atomic-bomb diaper at 4am. Lucky Lisa got that honor this morning.
2. The privet stump has almost got me beaten. I borrowed a come-along from Frank (my father-in-law) over the weekend, and if that doesn't work, I'm calling in the professionals. I worked on it Saturday and I'm still buggered today.
3. Laundry can really sneak up on you if you don't watch it. All of a sudden, we had like a bajillion clothes to wash all at once. Lisa has bravely tackled the mountain today.
4. Our neighbors, Don and Liz, are moving. The "For Sale" sign went up recently - they're asking 15% more than what we paid for ours. Just goes to show how much house prices have gone up in 2 years. We're going to miss them.
5. I'm now up over 600 pictures of Owen. 9 weeks, 600 pictures, hmm...
6. For Xmas, I got a Best Buy gift certificate - I used it yesterday to buy 4 DVDs. There was a great sale going on, so I snorked them up!
7. Dear Lord, it's Wednesday already. Time has really flown this week/month/year. Oddly enough, I didn't have any trouble this year changing from 2005 to 2006. I wonder what that means.
8. I mowed my grass the other day. I felt guilty that it was so shaggy next to Don and Liz's. If you want to see the front of my house, then according to Tamara, you have to ask me and I'll send you a picture. Telling folks to go to a site with my neighbour's address is apparantly bad. Who knew?
9. We ordered a blind for the kitchen window. With 75% off, it still came to $150! Obviously I'm in the wrong business!
10. It's gotten so warm here, I'm wearing shorts! WOOHOO - roll on summer!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Higgy, you've reached an important milestone of fatherhood: You wrote about yourself!

Of course, I secretly hate you for living in a place where you can wear shorts in February. My only concession is that you have to mow your lawn year-round. :-)

Higgy said...

Thanks, Tamara - I've modified the post. Of course, you'd have to know the address of my blog FIRST, but still - your point is taken.

Anonymous said...

Higgy,
From personal experience, yes while under the novacane and other pain numbing agents, you can chew through your lip and not realize it for hours.