Monday, February 13, 2006

Update du jour...

Well, another small list of lessons learned and various facts:
1. Owen had his two-month checkup today. He weighed in at 10lbs 14 oz and 24 inches long! My incredible expanding son.
2. Finally getting that privet stump out of the ground has opened up all sorts of new plans for the backyard. All we need now is to keep this string of fabulous weather going.
3. Unfortunately, at the 2 month checkup, you also get the first round of innoculations. 5 shots, all in the thigh muscles, one right after the other. He cried so hard he shed his first tear. I also got pretty misty-eyed. Good thing Lisa was there or I'd have punched the doctor!
4. I'm amused beyond belief at both Freecycle and Craigslist (the free stuff.) Apparantly, spelling and punctuation are unnecessary if you're giving something away for free..
5. We bought some Children's Tylenol after the doctor's visit, because we were told to give Owen .6ml every 4 hours if he developed a fever or was in pain from the shots. Lisa thought he prescribed 6ml every 4 hours and bought 2 bottles of the stuff!
6. I got devoured by mosquitoes while digging that damn stump. I swear, blood (from the saw and pick), sweat (obviously) and tears (well, when the sweat gets in your eyes it stings) went into getting that thing out of the ground. The victory dance and muscle-man posturing that went on was both necessary and embarrasing.
7. Owen has 7 more sets of innoculations to go! Sheeesh. I might have to send Lisa alone on those doctor's visits. Nahh, I'll go. I'll just look away as they use my son for a pincushion.
8. The weather is so nice, I've been in shorts for over a week. Not the same pair! Give me a LITTLE credit!
9. Owen has already outgrown all of the 0-3 month socks, and several of the 0-3 outfits. He's in the 3-6 month socks because of his massive feet!
10. Next up in the backyard - planting the lemon tree, levelling the rest of the dirt, laying down the ground cover fabric, and running the rest of the irrigation. Then the planting can begin! WOOT!

3 comments:

DonnaJo said...

Higgy, the real fun comes when you take TWO children in for their innoculations. Meghan was about 2 and Jenni was 5. I learned to never wear wrap-a-round clothing after that. In order to get away from the doctor, Meghan basically undressed me in the exam room.

Sarah said...

1. I cried and cried when my babies got shots. Their tiny, chubby legs were too precious to be stabbed by that nasty needle. And the sight of their screaming faces! I'm getting upset just thinking about it.

2. sly's right, once Owen's old enough to remember what happens in the doctor's office everything changes. You won't want to punch the innoculator because you'll be too busy trying to restrain a surprisingly strong, wiggly and slippery Owen.

3. I finished today's blog entry, complete with 3 photos! Now that it's done, it'll make more sense to you, theoretically.

Anonymous said...

You know what they say about guys who have big feet...







...their dads usually have big feet too.