Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Some rants, raves and general blogging...

1. My shingles are flaring up - so not only do I have two missing big toenails, I also look like I have the pox on my face. Annoying, but I went to the doctors and got some medication for it. Even itchier than poison ivy, in my opinion...
2. I also have a pinched nerve in my left neck/shoulder. It's worse in the mornings and generally gets better over the course of the day. At times, it's a real bugger.
3. I can't believe it's April already. Lisa is going back to work in May, so we have to get on the stick about finding a nanny. Time does fly.
4. Today is my good buddy Al's birthday. She's the one in Colorado Springs. I have to remember to call her later.
5. I was going to write something humorous here, but forgot what it was. Sod.
6. Turns out my 20th high school reunion is the same weekend that I'll be going to a wedding in Buffalo! Both my mum and my wife think I should go to some of the festivities. Personally, I really couldn't care about most of those people, so why bother?
7. I'll probably go anyway - since I'll be there. I wonder if I'll remember anyone. Or if I'll care.
8. Owen has almost outgrown the 1-2 diapers that we've been buying from Sam's Club. His next doctor's appointment is next week - not looking forward to watching him get more shots!
9. I've also been playing D&D Online that last couple of days. Not bad, but still very much a bit of a click-fest when it comes to combat. I get to play for 30 days free online before having to pony up any fees, so I'm trying to decide if it's enough fun or not.
10. If you ever felt old and out of it, just check THIS handy application to help explain what the youngsters mean by things. I've learned ALL sorts of stuff...

2 comments:

DonnaJo said...

(((Higgy))) I've never had shingles, but have dealt with people who have. I feel for you, man.

Sarah said...

Higs, I tried to post earlier but Blogger didn't want me to. They know me too well.

Sorry about the shingles. I've had them and they bite. And isn't it nice that they pop up at times of heavy duty stress?

{{{{Higgy}}}} Drink lots of comforting tea spiked with something even more comforting, please. And repeat. You know, when life gives you lemons, make lemon martinis.

My 11 year old LOVES D&D Online. He told me to tell you that Khaiber is his server and that his character's name is Tro Ziros.

Oh, and I could never watch the nurse stick those needles into my babies' precious little thighs. I cried harder than my kids did. Just keep hugging and cooing at him. But you know all that already!

Also, Owen probably won't get Chicken Pox if he's innoculated. Therefore, he won't suffer shingles!