Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Lessons, Day 3

Slightly delayed, but some other observations of a new dad...
1. The cutest little iggly-piggly fingers can pull out the cutest little iggly piggly chunks of my chest hair...
2. A child adds 200% of the time it takes for two adults to walk out the door to go somewhere.
3. No matter how much you pack into a diaper bag, you always forget something.
4. Having your chest hair yanked out at 3:30am is a wonderful pick-me-up.
5. Baby blankets have the ability to disappear in mid-air.
6. Lanisol is a wonderful product.
7. My son either can't keep a hat on or has it fall down over his eyes. He looks like a gangster.
8. Having breast milk in the fridge is a life-saver. Well, my wife's life, anyway.
9. TiVo is incredibly handy - watching The Simpsons at 4am while my son sleeps in my arms is pretty cool.
10. One of these days I should really start my Xmas shopping.

5 comments:

rita said...

Christmas shopping? Owen IS everyone's gift!

Just put a bow on him and show him around.

DonnaJo said...

3. No matter how much you pack into a diaper bag, you always forget something.

Just as long as it isn't Owen. (you'd be surprised. Oh, the stories I've heard!)

Sarah said...

Higgy, I'm enjoying your blog so much. So, I'm compelled to share. Just the facts.

1. Once a baby arrives, the family revolves around mom's breasts.

2. Try to edit the diaper bag contents occasionally. I didn't and by the time my first turned 1 my diaper bag weighed 36 pounds.

3. My kids were both born in December, the 13th (yes, a Friday) and 16th. I used to work myself to a frenzy every birthday/Christmas season but now I purposely underachieve. I'm sane (well, sane as any other time) and Christmas comes, just the same.

4. Lucky dog. We didn't have TiVo or even closed captioning in the early 90's so I ended up watching the same 10 episodes of Dragnet at 4 am for an entire year!

MrFisher said...

yeah, I sure do miss that revolving breast thing.

*sigh*

These are cracking me Higgy!

Keep 'em coming.

Mike Weasel said...

Revolving Breasts?? Now *that* I gotta see.