Friday, December 16, 2005

We're slowing down a bit, but some more lessons:

1. My respect for single parents everywhere has increased dramatically.
2. How can a child at 1:30am behave like the kid in the Exorcist, but at 3:30am be an angel? I swear, he grew 5 extra limbs and his head spun around while screaming and peeing all over (he screamed and peed, not me...)
3. My son, who is 19 inches long, is capable of putting his heel into a dirty diaper placed 24 inches away. Apparently the laws of distance don't apply to him.
4. It's hard not to giggle while cleaning poo off your son's foot at 1:30am.
5. My neighbor Don is great - he put out my garbage cans last night (because I forgot.) They're making us dinner again tonight. I just want to clone them.
6. In 13 days, I have 265 pictures - is that normal?
7. I am forgetting to eat, which is either a sign of sleep deprivation or just part of normal parenting.
8. Some of his grunting and straining makes me expect to find a bowling ball in his diaper. There never is, but the effort expended is astounding.
9. Being on paternity leave is much like being on vacation. I forget what day it is, it seems like I'm in a foreign country and I can't speak the language!
10. I'm all in favor of hiring professionals instead of slogging it out on my own. Nothing to do with child rearing - we hired a plumber to install a main-line cleanout. After seeing his effort, there's no way I'd ever be a plumber.

No comments: