Sunday, December 11, 2005

Our first night at home...

And I've learned a few things:
1. 2am feedings are a reality.
2. Infants will root around and try to latch onto MALE skin as well.
3. I don't do well with little sleep.
4. Thank God I married my wife - she let me sleep through most of it.
5. Having an infant in the room causes your hearing to go super-sonic - you're listening for breathing and then get anxious when you don't hear it!
6. Babies fart a lot (well, mine does.)
7. He looks so peaceful when he's fasto. (Fast-o-sleep)
8. Silence really is golden.
9. Did I mention my wife? She's fantastic.
10. I again thank the universe that I'm male. Breast feeding seems painful.
11. How does one work a freaking Diaper Genie? I followed the directions, but the twistie thing does nothing...

4 comments:

DonnaJo said...

Congratulations! You made it through your first night and lived to blog about it.

The Diaper Genie was invented the day after my youngest was potty trained, so I'm no help there.

It's been my experience that not only do some people blame the dog for farts, but blame the baby as well. That works fine until the baby is older, learns to talk and says "Nuh uh -- it was Daddy."

Anonymous said...

You're doing great!

Anonymous said...

another huge parenting rule: don't awake a sleeping child, unless absolutely necessary!

Kristin said...

I've also heard bad things about the Diaper Genie (as in they don't really work). Most of my friends/family have taken to plastic grocery sacks for disposal of the messy ones.

Anyway, I'm no help at all, but I sure love following along with this. I am SO happy for you all.